We’re always interested in standout team players!
Pickering Associates is founded on a culture of integrity and mutual respect, and committed to continuous learning in support of professional and personal growth. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please send a letter of interest, along with your resume, to:
email@example.com. No hard copies accepted
We are currently seeking qualified professionals for the following positions.
Electrical Engineer- PE
Pickering Associates has an opening for a full-time Electrical Engineer, PE with 4+ years’ experience in electrical engineering and design. This candidate will join a team of other electrical engineers and designers servicing WV, OH and beyond.
Position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques. Candidate will be responsible for planning and conducting independent electrical engineering work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Will devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards. Must be able to perform all levels of electrical engineering designs for Industrial and Commercial facilities.
- Power distribution: 15kV and 600V and below
- Develop one-line diagrams, plans, details, and schedules
- Power study experience such as short circuit analysis/arc flash studies
- Standby generator design application experience
- Application of NFPA Guidelines including publication 70 (National Electric Code), 70E
- Lighting Design including lighting calculations, layout, and controls
- Develop motor controls, design schematics, and consult on motor applications
- Cost Estimates
- Provide manpower requirements for engineering proposals
- Requires contact with Clients, vendor’s representatives, and project field personnel
- Participate in job site visits to serve as the electrical technical project representative during construction.
Additional Skills (preferred, but not required):
- Experience using SKM PowerTools for power system studies
- Develop process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Process and field instrumentation design including application and integration
- Control System Programming
- BS in electrical engineering
- At least four years of experience in electrical engineering design
- Knowledgeable in National Fire Protection Association/National Electrical Code (NFPA/NEC) Standards
- AutoCAD experience is a plus
Pickering Associates, Inc., a full service Architectural and Engineering firm, is seeking a full-time newly licensed Architect or Architectural Intern seeking to pursue licensure in the future. The successful candidate will join a team of design professionals servicing a diverse base of clients throughout WV, OH and beyond.
The candidate must be proficient with AutoCAD and Revit and have experience in all project phases of drawing development and design.
- Bachelor of Architecture or higher degree; a substitution of documented experience in the field of architecture and a Bachelor of Science, Architecture may be accepted.
- Modeling and Rendering skills are highly preferred
- Strong computer skills are required
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be able to coordinate construction document production with all team members across disciplines
- Must have well rounded understanding of all components of a building including Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineering
- Must be a good listener, a good communicator and the ability to develop strong working relationships with clients and staff
We offer a competitive wage package commensurate with experience, including excellent benefits. Benefits include 401k with 6% match, affordable health coverage, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a generous bonus program. Assistance with relocation costs will be considered.
Please send resumes with cover letter and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Pickering Associates is an equal opportunity employer.